MADE AT TENNSMITH
Roper Whitney 8 foot Straight Brake, 16 gauge (Tennsmith)
- Welded steel construction
- Easily adjusted
- Replaceable nose bar and apron inserts
- Made in the USA
- Roper Whitney's Connecticut hand brakes are designed and built for long service and accurate bending. Welded steel plate construction and heavy truss rods and braces provide strength and durability. With much more substantial steel side plates than other domestically made units, these brakes have the rigidity required for upper beam adjustment without the use of wrenches. Equipped with thrust bearings, the upper leaf adjustment screws permit quick, accurate alignment for different material thicknesses or radii.
Other adjustment features include:
- leveling screws and lock nuts on the pedestals;
- jack screws and tensioner bolts on the apron;
- truss rods on the apron, base and upper beam;
- replaceable nose bar and apron inserts.
Removable apron angle and insert permit 1/4-inch reverse bends in lighter material.
Bored in line to ensure perfect alignment, the pivot points are fitted with oil impregnated bearings. The hinge pins are high-tensile, alloy steel.
Ductile steel clamp handles, heavy yokes, grease fittings and an apron stop rod complement the many other fine features of these heavy-duty brakes.
Note: Liftgate delivery is not available for this item.
3 year manufacturer's warranty
•Mild Steel Capacity: 16 gauge (1.6mm)
•Stainless Capacity: 20 gauge (.9mm)
•Working Length (inches): 96
•Max Lift Of Beam (inches): 1.625
•Front To Rear Adj (inches): 1.125
•Min Reverse Bend (inches): .25
•Minimum Flange Capacity (inches): 1
•Max Forming Length (inches): 97
•Weight (pounds): 1640
•Dimensions (LxWxH): 140 x 52 x 60